Extended Day Care (Hornet's Nest)
We have designed this program to provide recreation, study, and creative activities in a safe, well-supervised, and caring environment. Please contact us with questions.
Hornets Nest Hours of Operation
The Hornets Nest is offered only on days that school is in session.
- Morning care - 6:45a.m. - 7:45 a.m.
- After school care - dismissal until 6:00 p.m.
- Dismissal is regularly - 3:00 p.m.
- Dismissal on Wednesdays - 2:15 p.m.
- Dismissal on minimum days - 12:00 p.m.
The Hornets Nest is closed on the following days
- When there is no school
- School holidays
- Staff in-service days
- Some minimum days
Unplanned Student Participation
We care about your child and provide supervision until you are able to pick him/her up.
- Any child not picked up 15 minutes after dismissal, will be signed in to extended care and will be billed at the hourly rate.
- The charges will begin from the time school is dismissed.
- If a child is participating in an after-school activity (student council, tutoring, sports, etc.), the child will be signed in if he/she is not picked up by the specified time.
Our Program and Schedule
We provide a structured format for the children including organized outdoor games, indoor activity tables (crafts, games, puzzles, playdough, cooking projects, books, coloring books, drawing and painting, etc.) and a quiet homework time where help is given if needed.
Below is the time schedule generally followed daily:
- 3:00 - 3:20 Check-in, roll/attendance taken
- 3:20 - 3:50 Homework in age groups
- 3:50 - 4:00 Snack
- 4:00 - 4:15 Outside Play
- 4:15 – 5:00 Two options are available. Children may choose:
- Homework/quiet area
- Arts & crafts/specialty class
- 5:00 - 6:00 Indoor organized games/homework completion and cleanup.
Contact the Hornets Nest
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child while he/she is in the Hornets Nest.
- Hornets Nest Extended Care Director: Becky Marino
Hornets Nest Nutritional Program
On minimum days, children attending extended care need to bring a lunch. We provide students a daily snack, including a beverage. Parents need to let us know of any food allergies at the time of registration.
We assume that parents will cooperate with all program policies. Parents are also responsible for the following actions.
- The prompt payment of fees
- Picking up children on time
- Following sign-in and sign-out procedures
- Notifying school office or day care director in writing if anyone other than those listed on the registration form will be picking up the child(ren)
- Immediate notification of change of schedule
- Notification of any health problems including food allergies
- Notification of phone/address change